Friday 29 June 2007

New Protocol(s)

So, a couple of you have started emailing me your comments on certain blogposts, instead of, y'know, posting them in the comments bit. Now, I know everyone hates using that little button, and prefers to make me think that no-one reads anything and my little counter program is lying, so I've decided to make it easy.

Two of the snazzier ways this thing gets distributed are via mobile phone, and via Outlook. As such, when I get into MS, and have a bit of spare time in the office, I'm going to knock up a protocol which allows for the 'reply-to' field of an RSSyndication to point at the comments section of any blog (though, probably initially tailored to blogger and wordpress). The reply button can then simply be hit on Outlook - I'm not sure how it works on phones yet.

Any comments or ideas? :P

Xx

--

E-life - blogging about your blog.

Edit: Or maybe recursion would be a better subline for this one, as it also links to the comments section that wasn't autogenerated till it was posted...

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets