Friday 22 June 2007

Paris - To and from

ThomsonFly
'Passerende' is French for 'Hammer'. 'Vleigtuigen' is French for 'Time'

So (:wink:), we flew with ThomsonFly, one of the low cost airlines round about nowadays. I was just trying to remember the guy who first came up with budget airlines, 'till my mother came up with Freddie Laker, so I put that into wikipedia to check that was the right one. And this rather hilarious picture came up:

Freddie Laker

We flew from Coventry airport at some ungodly hour, which was quite an adventure in itself. For the uninitiated amongst you - Coventry is comprised of one shack, one runway and about four members of staff. After a thorough security check, in which it was established we had no bottles of water, or other such lethal devices, we walked up a shaky ramp to the plane.

Paris Orly was quite fun, with a full orchestra playing before each announcement, but not a lot else of interest there, as I can remember. Getting back we almost managed to miss our plane, as we went to the wrong terminal. Upon finding what we thought was our boarding gate closed, I first went to some random member of staff, who, once he understood my French, managed to kindly inform me he actually didn't know anything. He directed me to the Air France desk, where the attendant couldn't conceal a look of horror when I told her which airline we were flying with, I think she genuinely feared for our lives.

--

Part of the Paris series of posts.

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets