Tuesday 12 June 2007

Sunburn

Now, I'm not normally one to think much about racial stuff, unless I can offend or amuse someone with a tasteless joke, but after a day in the sun, I've realised that everyone really is equal.

Note that when I say racial here, I'm talking about things such as skin colour - not nationality. Nationality's a whole other bowling alley, I don't think there's a single country you can name that I can't find a reason to hate, with the obvious exception of Wales, and the not so obvious exception of Denmark. It's not that I particularly like Denmark, I just can't think of anything much they've done. Ever. Danish bacon? Vikings? All good...

On the one hand, it's great to be pale faced and white; you don't have to worry when new anti-terror laws come in; you can walk around the home counties, or drive around the Southern US of A without being shot at (much) and it's significantly easier to pass yourself off as strawberry blancmange, should the need ever arise.

However; playing Stars In Their Eyes as Stevie Wonder requires a lot more than just a Labrador and a big pair of darkened glasses; it's 59% harder to embark on a career as a pimp and whenever you go for a nice day out in the summer, you come back bright red and stinging.

Right, that's about everyone who's not Danish offended, off to bed now, nothing like a sunburned head to help one drift off to sleep. Xx

--

Found this story when checking Labradors actually were the breed used for guide dogs just now. I got the best image in my head of a cabbie screaming "NO DOG!" and then driving off in a panic straight into a wall, then the blind person hi-fiving the dog. I really need sleep.

Leave a comment, or read the 2 comments so far.

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with Norway?!

Ina said...

Their conscription cost me my best attacker in an online game I played for an entire year.

Next? :P

Recent Tweets