Tuesday 5 June 2007

Quadrun - Real Gaming

Quadrun

For Christmas, Terra got me a pack of classic Atarii games, which I left out meaning to play for a while, then eventually 'tidied' and forgot about. I opened them up recently, and started playing around with the classics (asteroid, millipede etc) - which were a lot harder than I remember.

I always say 'games nowadays are too easy' and other such things, but it's not until I get my Amiga out, or play Atari games like this, that I realise quite how easy things have gotten. An example is Quadrun, a game I'd never found before (pictured above) which is insanely hard, but absolutely brilliant.

Apparently it was only ever available by mail order, after some idiot decided to use 9 young girls as a market research group. Other interesting trivia is that this game took two programmers to make - due to the complexity with voice synthesis. I'm gonna go play it some more now, I might even get to the third level..

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets