Tuesday 12 June 2007

Paying respects

Tragic Death In Dalton Tower.

Details on this one are scarce, so I'm afraid that's the best I've got to link you to, but an Aston student recently died after dropping from the 20th floor of Dalton tower - only a couple of flights of stairs from my old room. I say 'dropping' because no-one's said whether or not it's suicide, accident or foul play yet. The general consensus seems to be the first of those choices - though all mention of that word has since been removed from anything official (you can still see it in cached Google pages if you want).

I am however, rather curious about exactly what went on last night on the streets of Birmingham though, since I received an email saying:

The way everyone handled themselves on the Pub Crawl last night at a time of great grief and shock was a credit to you and to the name of Aston University and it highlighted the community spirit that we have here.

Quite intrigued as to how a pub crawl can be a sombre and respectful occasion, though I suppose it could be the whole new age 'celebration of life over mourning of death' angle. Just for the record, at my funeral I demand everyone wears an expensive, pure black suit and cries a lot. I'd also like Aretha Franklin and Stevie Wonder tribute bands playing the entire way though - but no-one's allowed to enjoy the music.

Leave a comment, or read the 1 comments so far.

cathy said...

And where do you want your funeral held, - are you opting for cremation, burial, donating your body to medical science - or shall we build a pyramid?

Recent Tweets