Tuesday 10 July 2007

Best. Driver. Ever.

This lovely tablet laptop unfortunately requires a lot of funky drivers in order to unlock all of its potential, and Vista is a bit silly at finding them, which means I have to go via Toshiba's website to get them all manually. Alongside all of the usual ones, such as enabling the function key, and getting it to recognize when I've flipped the screen, I found this one:

Utility/Driver that actively senses movement via onboard 3D accelerometer. When a freefall condition is detected, the utility parks the head on the HDD to prevent loss of data or failure.

Yes, my laptop actually knows when it's been thrown off a skyscraper, and protects the hard drive accordingly. Presumably 'head' in this case refers to 5 inches of steel surrounded by a metre of rubber, otherwise I can't imagine it'll do much good.

Now then, how and where shall I test the driver installed ok?

Leave a comment, or read the 2 comments so far.

Anonymous said...

not new, but theres some fun 3rd party shit you can get that uses it

Anonymous said...

M4 or M7? Either way you'll spend most of your time arsing around with the drivers. My M5 (non tablet) refuses to remember that when it's in a docking station, my monitor is on the left hand side and the taskbar should move over to it... grr.

Recent Tweets