Wednesday 18 July 2007

Cakes, lakes and snakes

DPE Safari
Kat bravely leads team DPE through the undergrowth to explore the depths of the jungle.

Instead of (or, to be more fair, aswell as) working today, we've been taking teambuilding trips down to the gorgeous lake and 'forest' just outside of the main buildings on campus. The free ice-cream in the summer house there is a must after a long hard lunch break - but partaking of dessert requires a healthy walk around the lake in order to balance out the calorie count (and, incidentally, enjoy the sunshine).

Today's walk was a little more challenging, as a large tree has fallen down and blocked the path, neccessitating a scramble through the jungle to reach the other end. We got through fine, though I've not heard from the guy going the other way who we encouraged to take the same route - I fear the worst.

After such endeavours, we weren't in any state to play croquet, as I'm sure you can imagine. In fact, it was so tiring that we had to take another break from work later on for some cake out on the grass, where the weather's still splendid. Can you believe I'm getting paid for this?

--

I actually considered naming this "I'm an Evangelist, get me out of here" - if I ever do something that bad in the future, please shoot me. Please.

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets