Sunday 8 April 2007

Merry Easter!

Or should that be 'Happy Easter'? Either way, hope you're having a good time.

I've been spoilt (sic) like a little kid today, which has been absolutely brilliant. I got five Easter eggs (coupled with chocolate bars) from my mother, one with a cup from my brother, some money from my father and some champagne eggs and brilliant new headbands from my mamgu. I'll probably be sick by the end of the day, but it'll be totally worth it.

Went to visit each of my grandmothers today too, which was really nice - heard some lovely new stories and got lots of praise for my wondrous placement ;) Cooking dinner for everyone now, which should hopefully go down nicely too - a good day all round. Forgot to mention - I got The Karate Kid on DVD from my brother too, legendary.

--

Oh, and before any of you start mailing me again, euphoric at having found an error in my writing, 'sic' isn't an abbreviation, it's Latin and means 'meant like that' - I'm using it in this case to denote the fact that although 'spoiled' is officially the past participle of all forms of 'to spoil', I prefer to make the following distinction:

* Spoil (to damage, diminish or impair the quality of) | Spoiled.
* Spoil (to do harm to the character, nature, or attitude of by oversolicitude, overindulgence, or excessive praise.) | Spoilt

and that my usage of the word 'spoilt' should not be construed as incorrect English.

Leave a comment, or read the 1 comments so far.

Anonymous said...

I knew what sic meant- they use it in patent specifications when the original text has a mistake in it :-) Woop!

Are you talking to me yet?

Hebs
x

Recent Tweets