Sunday 1 April 2007

Near Miss

I stayed over Lu's last night - we watched Coupling, had some snacks, etc, and then went to sleep. Around about 10am I half-woke to notice her getting out of bed, and smiled to myself at the thought of the wonderful breakfast-in-bed I was soon to receive.

As the hours passed, I at first got more and more thrilled at the thought of a breakfast that had taken so long to prepare – it was bound to be amazing. Unfortunately though, nothing came and I was forced to conclude that she’d been eaten by some form of giant bear or velociraptor.

Bravely, I got myself out of bed and wandered downstairs to get myself some toast. Wearing only my boxers. Around about the time I strolled into the living room I noticed three key facts;

1. It wasn’t Monday, it was Sunday.
2. Lucie’s parents weren’t in work.
3. Lucie’s grandmother was sitting on the settee in the living room.

Fortunately for me, neither of her parents were looking anywhere near the door I’d entered by, but her grandmother certainly was, I’m really hoping she’s blind though - she didn’t mention anything anyhow.

Oh, and I still haven’t had breakfast :(

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets