Sunday 8 April 2007

Yum

Mmm, just finished eating the lovely Easter Sunday dinner I cooked for everyone, and it was delicious, if I do say so myself (and I most certainly do).

Had a lovely joint of pork - rubbed some butter into that to make it nice and moist, and then coated it with some herbs to give it a nice texture & flavour. Rubbed pepper into the fat to bring out the crackling - no salt though, I don't do adding salt to food whilst cooking, just makes it unhealthy with no real gain.

To accompany I roasted, spiced and honey-glazed some potatoes and parsnip and cooked various other bits of veg alongside some gorgeous carrot & parsnip mash. Also did some cabbage, which isn't normally the most exciting of things, but is divine if you boil it in a mixture of sugar, butter and just enough water to cover it up.

Bit of stuffing and some gravy to top everything off and voila, one superb meal - and despite the sugar and honey etc, it wasn't too sweet or sickly once it was all put together, everything just blended in nicely. Of course, it was served in style too, as you'd expect from me - I even managed to make the angel delight with bits of chocolate look good ;)

Man I'm awesome ^^

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets