Tuesday 22 May 2007

Exams Over!

Finally, done with exams for another year and a half now - not counting any professional qualifications I decide to go for whilst I'm at Microsoft, which there'll probably be a fair few of, as they're paying for the training and exams.

Software Engineering, my three hour exam for my double module went inordinately well, which I'm taking as proof that if you actually work at a subject during the year, and do some modest revision, you'll get much better grades than if you just do the last minute revision from notes. I was out of the exam after an hour and a quarter, and home drinking tea in time for say "My exam ends in an hour and a half." - pretty leet.

Last minute revision from notes was however, the case for HCI, so that one didn't go too brilliantly, though Bex's lecture notes were a wonderful basis of revision for pretty much the entire class. We didn't get them till fairly late, but fortunately many other Universities provide lecture notes on HCI online and don't secure them, so we revised from theirs.

Why weren't we revising from our own, you might ask? Simple, the module was taught by that a less than favourite lecturer, [name edited out]. As such, the half hour before the exam was spent collecting signatures on a petition to either have the module compensated or scrapped, which I somehow ended holding when [name edited out] himself walked out of the exam room a full metre from me. I didn't quite have the guts to use the silence he'd created by telling us to enter the room to inform latecomers of the petition, but I was damn tempted. Free now, thank God, and as the Final Year is choices, I won't have to deal with him ever again - a pity really, as some of the modules he teaches for final year could be quite interesting..

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets