Saturday 19 May 2007

In other news...

For those of you who aren't so interested in naked women, here's some boring news about what I've been up to instead.

Exams
Had three of them now, Internet Programming With Java went quite well, and although I still haven't had my coursework back yet (go SEAS go!) I imagine I've done pretty well in that module, certainly over 70% (first).

Operating Systems was entirely exam based, and that turned out to be, to quote someone I heard after the exam, 'a big pile of lol' - pretty easy, should again have over 70% in that by a mile.

Today was Programming Language Concepts, which I'd been thinking was going to be the hardest of the lot, but I was already going in there with 23/25% from my coursework and lab classes - fortunately this one was pretty easy too, I imagine I got about 80% on the exam paper. Sylvia Wong rushed out of the exam hall after me when I left nice and early too, to offer me a placement doing research in the Uni, but I broke her heart and turned her down, like so many girls before.

Two more left now, both on Tuesday, neither of which I'm too worried about. The morning exam is a double module - 3 hours long, Software Engineering, but I can't imagine that one being too evil. The afternoon session is Human Computer Interaction with our beloved [name edited out], and although I don't actually know a single part of that module, there's so many official complaints and petitions flying into the department against that man, his (lack of) teaching skills and his joke of a module, that I could probably not even turn up and still get a decent mark.

Guitar Hero
I've found the wonders of Scorehero, and I'm going through each song on expert, beating my highest score before I upload that to my account - I think that'll replace my scrobbling habits as my avatar on most forums when I get it done. I've got myself some gold stars too now (100% completes), on Heart Shaped Box and Can You Hear Me Knockin', both on expert. Woooo.

Keeping Busy
Got some fun plans to keep myself occupied once this revision (and all associated procrastination) is at an end, because there's only so many weeks I can sit at home playing various musical instruments and computer games before I develop arthritis. Lu's coming to visit on the 23rd, staying 'til Friday or Saturday, and then I'm off to Reading on the 29th for my Microsoft intern open day, to meet all the business studies kids I'll be interning with - seriously, there's barely a techie among them!

Got a jazz gig for a thousand or so people at the Graduation Ball on the 3rd - which we should really get together and practise for at some point, as we're playing for a couple of hours. I'll probably try and get home (Cardiff) at some point in-between that and Paris (13th - 16th), and then there's the final MSP open day in Cambridge, to see some of the guys one last time, collect my rightful prizes as top MSP (hopefully), and some other swag, and check out Microsoft's R&D department. With any luck there'll be a nice social night before that too, with more free beer.

Then it's off on the 1st of July to Reading, to start my new life as a soulless serf! Can't wait :)

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets