Monday 28 May 2007

Score Hero

Score Hero

I believe I briefly mentioned this earlier - it's a fansite for Guitar Hero (all versions) where people can upload their scores, compare them to others, and chat on the forums.

With the massive worldwide love of Guitar Hero it's no surprise that this site has gotten hundreds of thousands of users, and as such, their servers have been really struggling under the load. There's been a donation going on, and they'd managed to collect $8000 from the community when they got a lovely donation of $2000 from what I thought was a rather unlikely source - Harmonix.

Because, you see, ScoreHero isn't just a fansite for the game, it's also the central hub for cracking, pirating and modding the game - although the threads on these subjects are given with the caveat that you must find ps2 hacking tools yourself, and they are, to be fair, only really intended to allow you to play user-made songs.

Still though, I suppose anyone who's so fanatical about Guitar Hero they'll go to all the effort of hacking it to get extra songs is pretty much bound to buy any new releases anyway, so it's probably a good move on Harmonix's part...I'll stop rambling now.

Here's my fully completed scores page for PS2 Expert on Guitar Hero II. I'll fill in GH1 when I get around to playing it again :)

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets