Friday 18 May 2007

Fun & Games

Now I may sound like a bit of an idiot here, to those of you who already knew this - but Mahjong isn't just the Japanese version of solitaire. It's actually a 4 player gambling game, which is absolutely ace.

Tim had a set (and a lovely book containing rules and history) so spent the later hours of tonight playing that with him & Julie-oh, and not revising. Naturally, I won, as with all games ever, but only on the 'money' side (though we just played for points) - I never actually got to call for 'Mahjong' - which, incidentally means 'The Game Of The Sparrows', due to the twittering noise made when North & South wind wash the tiles before East wind calls 'Pow'. You can't make this stuff up.

In other 'games I'm great at' news, I've got Guitar Hero II up in my room now, going through my widescreen TV - it actually has a mode which supports widescreen and makes it look nice, which is fun. I've taken to playing it hyperspeed, because I'm getting a hacked game called Guitar Hero Greatest Hits, which is experts-only soon, and I'll need to be used to hyperspeed, as that's the default. Talking of default, I'm apparently on the default scoreboard for GHGH, which is cool. Haven't got the game hooked up to my speakers yet, but I assume I can just run the audio out of the TV into the speakers - I just hope there's no sound/audio lag if I do that.

GHGH

Off to bed now, exam at 9.30am Saturday, in the notoriously cold Gem sports hall, ouch.

Xx

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets