Saturday 3 March 2007

Fags and Bus Fare

I love blogging so much - I think it's just that I've got a bit of an addictive personality and I've never taken up any drugs/cigarettes etc to satisfy that. As such, I was addicted to Imperial Conflict for years, then came WoW, and now I'm addicted to blogging. I've been trying to limit myself to two posts a day though, which is why this post relates to a bus journey I had last week or so. Anyhow..

Let me set the scene, I'm on a bus in Birmingham, on the upper floor. These don't actually come in-built with a sound system, but you're pretty much guaranteed to hear the latest R'n'B tunez coming from some speakers at the back, whilst a group of chavs discussed who they've shagged recently. It's a good place to go if you're looking to get high and are a bit short on cash too, the air up there's full of marijuana smoke on about 50% of all journeys.

However, due to some freak circumstance (maybe there was an 'ASBOs for ice-cream' scheme running somewhere) the top of this bus contained no narcotics, no bEaTz and only two chavs (of the female variety, so much as chavs have a gender). Deprived of music and second-hand substance abuse, my only source of entertainment was to eavesdrop on the conversation nearby. Here's some of the choicer quotes I jotted down whilst doing so (excuse the language):

Why the fuck would I want to do a 4 hour a day shift? I'd be spending that (ie: what she earned in the day) on fags for my breaks and bus fare.

If I can get £180 a week from child benefits why would I work so I can get £200 a week?

I got this mate right, he got 8 kids now & he doesn't have to bother working at all for ten years - I'm gonna try that one.

They wouldn't let him vote because he kept beating up the guy at the polling station.

I told him, 'You can't call your kid Charmaine, you got to pick something classy, like Velvet'.

No, honestly. That last one is actually a real quote. I didn't mishear or make it up.

Leave a comment, or read the 2 comments so far.

Anonymous said...

Imagine growing up being called Velvet. You'd be a hooker by the time you were 12.

Anonymous said...

LMFAO Velvet....indeed, oh so classy!

Recent Tweets