Thursday 8 March 2007

Who would have guessed that 5.30am actually existed?

Phew, I'm pretty tired out and it's only 5.30 in the afternoon, I know people who don't wake up much earlier than this!

Yesterday was another one long, had lectures & labs in the morning, then an orchestra rehearsal in the evening, which I had to leave early so I could get to work. Had a nice surprise at work though when the guy running the place came over to me to say that if I ever wanted a reference, I should put his name down. Must be doing something right eh?

Was up at 5.30 this morning to get to Reading on time for my MS Assessment Day, which is now out of the way. Just got to wait to hear back - I'm so screwed if I don't get this :s

The day was as I'd have expected from MS, professional but quite informal and relaxed. I had two interviews with managers from teams that are looking for students. I didn't get to talk to the DPE guys, who I think I'd most like to work with, but I did meet some interesting folk from MSTV, which I've never really looked at.

We had a fun group exercise (not sure I'm allowed to reveal the details) and I had to give a ten minute presentation at the end on 'If you were general manager of Microsoft UK, what key things would you focus on to ensure Microsoft maintained its current market position?'. Ouch. I spewed a lot of stuff about People, Value and Innovation, stealing MS's own FAB (Feature Advantage Benefit) technique for the Value and backed it all up with some pretty rubbish flipchart drawings.

I think it went well overall though, but I'll find out in 10 days whether or not I've got the gig...speaking of which, got a gig in an hour or so - that AUMS concert I've been rehearsing for this past week. Then I can finally get some sleep!

Better go get ready now then. Xx

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets