Wednesday 8 August 2007

Fun in the City - Part 2

The first bit of social fun was at lunchtime, with a very nice meal (expenses paid of course) at Zizzi's. This location, as well as the bar for the evenings drinks was apparently painstakingly chosen by dint of looking outside of the windows of the Cardinal Place offices - both within a ten second walk!

The service was pretty amusing, but the food was great - and although I possibly had one more beer with lunch than I should have, I was only slightly tipsy when it came to heading back for the afternoon meeting. Once that had broken up I went to go visit Miles and some other interns, and naturally invited them out to the evening drinks.

The drinks started off merrily enough in Ha! Ha! (why do people give bars stupid names?), though once the interns I'd invited, and then some of the old student partners who happened to be in London I'd also invited turned up, I was a bit worried that there would be more people there to see me than for the guy whose leaving drinks we were meant to be having.

With a Microsoft bar tab (which also seemed to extend to my friends [and the friends they brought] from time to time, there's a reason I'm popular...) things, as always, turned a little bit blurry, and all the members of my team, and some customers we had along, all dissapeared at some point - which was very dissapointing.

We moved onto a few more bars, had a few more drinks, and I tried unsuccessfully to prevent my Welsh accent from slipping through - a clear sign I'd drunk far too much. Details, I'm afraid, are scarce, though I do remember sitting on the floor of Paddington at 1.30am eating Burger King's last remnants of 'food', and then being woken up on the train by a train guard at Reading Station who probably wanted to go to bed as much as I did.

This morning's 10.30am meeting (make that 10.40am, whoops) therefore, didn't progress too well, as I've had an awful hangover all day. I think I was certainly the coolest person in the atrium though, wearing my sunglasses for the entire duration of the meeting. Leet.

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets