Monday 13 August 2007

Lucie is Awesome

Had a great long weekend at home with Lu, back in Reading now though, working away.

Friday I arrived in Cardiff town centre just as Lu & friends were getting hair ripped from various parts of their body through the application of burning hot wax. Cleverly realising this was hardly likely to leave them in bright moods I bought cakes for the lot of them, from the most ditzy Greggs assistant I'd ever met. Every single time I asked her for a specific type of cake she seemed utterly confused, and asked me a really bizarre question about it. My favourite was "Do you reckon they swap the words in France?" when I ordered my first cake, a chocolate eclair. I hope that took you as long to work out what she was on about as it took me...

We spent the night at home, watching the first of many episodes of Heroes (which I'm now re-addicted to...I'm going to have to get back onto Jericho soon too, before I forget what happened in the past).

Saturday was sweet too, went outside and played with a flying disc (alas, not a Frisbee) and those 'velco-ball things' (I believe that's the official term for them). Lu cooked in the evening, which was slightly surprising as I wasn't entirely sure she could cook before. Seems I won't be making every meal in the future, as she did a great job of it.

Saw Transformers on Sunday, as well as reaquainting myself with her piano (Einaudi is, unsurprisingly, quite hard to play). Also popped home to see my mother and brother for a while too, and got another nice meal out of that visit.

This morning I worked from home, whilst Lu lay in bed making me jealous. She did, however, bring me up breakfast, so I can't complain too much.

Almost forgot to mention my new presents, I finally got my last birthday present - a pure silk Thai kimono (So. Awesome) which I'll try to remember to get a photograph of up at some point. She also gave me a frame for that picture she drew me for my birthday, but I liked the sketch she put inside that frame so much that I left it inside, and as such still need a frame for the first one! Apurva and Ben thought it was a professional picture (I put it up in the lounge), not bad eh?

Xx

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets