Saturday 11 August 2007

Think

With all the new names and new faces around me, not to mention the pile of work I've got to get done and all of the presentations, briefings and labs I've got to run for partners soon enough, even my easygoing, stress-free attitude has been a bit challenged this past month.

As such, what I've found invaluable is to simply take 30 minutes, no more, no less, to simply sit and think. I try and do this at least once a week, preferably twice, and it's a great diversion from the rush of work and the 'ding' of Outlook reminding me I have another meeting, call or task due in 15 minutes.

So try it, it's not a waste of time and it won't make you any less productive, you can let your mind wander over whatever's important to you at the time - friends, family, work, or simply yourself. Schedule it in your diary, tell others you've got a commitment you can't cancel, and just make sure you take the time to sit back and think.

Take a notepad and a pen too, half an hour's thought can result in tens of hours of things to get done, great new ideas, interesting topics to discuss with friends - and can really set you off on taking those adventures, chances and experiences you've always considered but never made time for.

Leave a comment, or read the 1 comments so far.

Anonymous said...

Good call, I like that. Start walking to work, it's a great time for said thinking, the scenery along the river's pretty inspiring and you get some exercise to boot.

Recent Tweets