Monday 27 August 2007

Reading Festival - Friday

The Pipettes



I wasn't sure whether to describe these guys as more like Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, or like Meatloaf without the lead vocals, but they were very fun, if not a little scary. Good opening to the Festival, but they were no GLC...

The King Blues

Space Hijackers

I love these guys - they're probably my favourite of the current UK punk scene and always put on a good live show and get the crowd involved. This gig, they also recommended we check out the Space Hijackers (pictured above) - a group of Anarchitects who're currently looking to buy a tank. Any sellers?

Gogol Bordello

Fire Bucket

A 40 minute set didn't really do Gogol Bordello justice, and neither did the fact that they were playing in mid-afternoon and in the open air. A good show nonetheless, although I didn't get much dancing done as I was a bit far back..

Get Cape Wear Cape Fly/Capdown

GCWCF

It was a tough choice between watching GCWCF or Capdown, but as I've consistently missed the former at previous festivals, and I've seen Capdown a bunch of times, I went to go and see Get Cape. They put on a pretty good show, though I did pop down to see Capdown in time for Ska Wars. Apparently their final tour is coming soon, supported by The King Blues - anyone interested in coming?

Mad Caddies

I'm pretty sure I went to see these guys, though I don't recall them at all. That should probably indicate how much of an impression they made..

Razorlight

Razorlight

Well, I had fun, even if everyone else at the Festival seemed to hate them - though if that's true then I'm interested as to where the very large crowd came from. A pretty good set from what I heared, though we later went off to catch some of Ash. I heard a rumour a couple of times that no-one called for an encore so some audience noise was piped through the speakers instead...but I imagine that's a lie.

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets