Friday 31 August 2007

Guitars and girls and art

Girl Guitar

This mannequin-turned guitar, found on Amy Crehore's Blog (quite a talented artiste) was recently linked to me, and although I can see the artistic value, I'm quite disturbed by the man playing it. It probably doesn't help that he looks a lot like Hyde from That 70's Show...does anyone else find that picture a bit creepy?

--

MerTar

This one however, really does appeal to me. You can really see the love, care and attention that's gone into it - it took three years to make. The creator's not just a great sculptor and luthier either - he can really play the thing. So, turn the lights down low, get comfortable, and be entranced by the beauty of the music and the art - so rare we get to see the two combined.



As if that's not enough, he's even donating the money he makes from the sale of the mer-tar to charity. Top bloke.

Leave a comment, or read the 2 comments so far.

Amy Crehore said...

Hi Ina-

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog.

And don't you like Hyde? I do. :)
Must be the hair.

Amy

Ina said...

Well, three people in the office have just pointed out that my hair is pretty similar to Hyde's (just a bit less permed), so it can't be that I don't like.

I think it's the sunglasses that make him look a bit dodgy...plus his general attitude of course :)

Recent Tweets