Saturday 18 August 2007

Jongleurs

I spent 'last night' (read, Friday night) out at Jongleurs with a horde of other Microsoft interns, which was great fun. I love going to see stand up, especially in a relatively small arena and this one didn't dissapoint at all.

The compere, Mandy Knight (who I never would have believed is a classically trained actress) was brilliant at getting the crowd warmed up and laughing through her timeless routine of simply insulting everyone out in front of her. Somehow, no-one had mentioned that a booking for 20 people in the name of Microsoft was on that night, and we don't look too stereotypically geeky, so we avoided her rather sharp wit, for better or worse.

The other three acts, Hal Cruttendal, Ricky Grover and Roger D. were all great too, with their various highs and lows, though I'm afraid I can't really remember too many specifics there, after a long weekend's hiking, and the couple of drinks I had on the night.

Also, in what was for me a new experience at Jongleurs (though apparently it's quite common), there was a great disco after the comics had all finished, playing hits from the 60's, 70's and 80's (with some MC Hammer thrown in for good measure), which was a great alternative to finishing the night off downstairs with the awful trash being played in Bar Risa.

Pity I had to be up rather early the next morning though...

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets