Friday 7 September 2007

Doing something right

So, this morning was quite a nice time to walk into work and find various emails waiting for me. Here's a brief summary of my inbox:

  • Fifty emails from Social, offering to sell me various items, ranting about people's parking and having the most incredulous requests satisfied in minutes. There were no massive outrageous questions asked last night, so here's one from a couple of weeks back I really loved:

    Hi

    I need two recommendations:

    1. Lively bar/restaurant in Richmond, Surrey
    2. Tax accountant in the Reading area

    Thanks
    [person]

    Unfortunately, when I asked exactly how the two were connected, I didn't get much of an answer :(


  • A hundred emails from the Silverlight alias, with various fun questions, problems, new sites and bug reports.


  • A bunch of emails from my team, mostly about work.


  • Invites from a partner I'm going to present to in Nottingham to go out drinking with their techies the night before the 9am presentation - someone must have let on that I'm a student...


  • Lots of resources for all the presentations/demos I'm doing over the next few weeks - saves me writing my own! :)


  • And finally, the two cute little messages that I started this post with the intention of showing off - really made me smile:

    Hey Ian,

    Just wanted to drop you a quick email to say how much I appreciate your hard work of date!
    You’ve settled in exceptionally well and become an integral part of the team.

    Hopefully you’re not too stressed at the moment – I realise the pace has picked up.
    Let me know the moment you feel you are overloaded and I’ll make sure we get on top of things together.

    Right off on hols...speak next week.

    Thanks,
    [My manager]
    --
    Hi Ian,

    Please can you let me know which of the following events you are able to attend? The reason we have allocated you to quite a few is because obviously you applied for the recruitment role showing interest and also [The student & graduates HR manager] recommended you to us as a very good person to take :)

    [some dates]

    Please can you let me know a.s.a.p as we’ll need to ask someone else if you aren’t able to do it.

    Thanks
    [recruitment person]

Clearly no-one's yet figured out I spend most of the day on Blogger & Facebook...

Leave a comment, or read the 1 comments so far.

Anonymous said...

Good job :) Make a folder in Outlook and squirrel them away for when you're asking your manager for a reference..

Recent Tweets