Tuesday 4 September 2007

Project 42

Whilst browsing through my Outlook, I happened to right click on the name of someone fairly high up here at Microsoft. I decided, mostly out of boredom to view which Distribution Lists they subscribed to, wondering if there was anything fun I was missing out on.

I found, and I hope I don't get fired/taken away in the night for this, that they were a member of 'Project 42', which comes with no further information and is restricted to anyone who wishes to join it. Naturally I was intrigued by the internal answer to Area 51, and decided to see if I could find out anything.


Project 42
Google 'Project 42' and you'll see the remains of the last blogger to talk about it


Well, information has been kept tightly under wraps (as I may soon be kept), but from the little I've been able to found, it seems Microsoft has decided to skip Skynet all together, and go straight through to trying to build God.

Project 42 on Blogspot is an unfinished blog (some say the author's remains can be found in a Parisienne back-alley) which considers a few points of interest to do with religion. There's not a whole lot of content there, but what is there is certainly worth a brief read, and maybe something a bit more in depth for the religious amongst you.

Project 42's Official Website is, naturally, completely blank. Or so one would think to look at it. What you don't know is that what it is in fact 'Loading...' is data in such a highly evolved form that our current internet protocols have no idea of how to decrypt it.

The hidden message on Funzig's Project 42 is hidden under some marketing buzzwords, and not immediately obvious. However, scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see the real information that is delivered to the initiated along with some training program on the CD. This detailed analysis of; "Memory, Learning, Knowledge, Intelligence, Conciousness, Creativity, Motivation and Innovation" is but one of many steps in the creation of a deity.

People, you have been warned.

Leave a comment.

Recent Tweets