Friday 7 September 2007

Naughty Sony

This article gave me quite a giggle when I read it:

Sony edits Halo 3 on Wikipedia

They could have tried adding in something a bit more subtle than "Although it won't look any better than Halo 2.", if they wanted to keep the edit in there though...

On a related note, is it just me that gets really annoyed by people vandalising Wikipedia? It's such a brilliant expression of the true value of the internet - people collaborating, managing themselves and constantly putting in time and effort, all for the benefits of thousands of people they'll never even see.

There was a Facebook group (I won't give them the credit of a link) dedicated to stupid edits on Wikipedia, which they then took screenshots of and laughed about (because, of course, bad edits never last too long *grin*). Unfortunately for them, they didn't stop to think about all of the lovely personal data they'd put into Facebook before joining that group. As such, they've now been reported to Project 42 for termination.

Leave a comment, or read the 4 comments so far.

xCharliex said...

lol, I told you about that :D

I'll admit that it made me laugh, but you put forward a very good argument about why it's crap. It's essentially vandalism. At least it's easier to remove than spray paint.

Ina said...

Actually I blogged it hours before you told me ;) Look at the timestamp.

xCharliex said...

:S I told you abouth the facebook group ages ago you n00b... for the record, this is Terra... I can't be assed to change the settings

Ina said...

Ah, thought you were another Ben...sorry =p

Recent Tweets