Sunday 2 September 2007

Microsoft Summer Picnic

It takes a dedicated soul to give up his Sunday for the good of the company, but I'm just that committed to Microsoft that I managed to drag myself (and Lucie) out of bed this morning for an all expenses paid trip to that most glamorous of destinations...Warwick Castle.

The day's entertainment was, in all fairness, actually quite fun - despite being targeted more towards the 6 year olds that had been brought along. I think guests outnumbered employees at the event, but there were still a fair few people I knew there, along with most of the interns, who - being money grubbing students like myself - were hardly likely to pass up the opportunity of a free day out.

The fighting knights, jousting knights and trebuchet team all tried to add a little learning into the day as well, but with my vast experience in the world of warfare - from Diablo II through to Medieval: Total War, I was already completely familiar with all the terms.

I won't go into painful detail, as it was a fairly relaxed day and I don't have any photos, but one thing that did quite amuse me was all of the graffiti on various walls with dates attached. Normally it's quite interesting to see a short message that has survived over ten years, but given that some of the inscriptions run to hundreds of years old...Just me here I think.



Also faintly amusing were the 'No Entry' signs pointing at closed off walkways and ceilings (videoed partly for ease of showing you, and partly to try out Blogger's new Video Upload feature...)

Well, that doesn't work on my browser. How 'bout you?

Xx

Leave a comment, or read the 2 comments so far.

Anonymous said...

no video for me.

Ina said...

Go Blogger Go.

Recent Tweets